8 hrs ago
2 min read
Conor Benn has signed with Zuffa Boxing, the company announced on Friday.
“First and foremost, I want to thank Eddie Hearn and the entire team at Matchroom for everything they’ve done for me over the past decade,” Benn said on social media. “From guiding me when I first turned pro, to headlining stadium shows, they were not only with me for those highlight moments but stood shoulder to shoulder with me during the tough times.
“It’s been a journey beyond anything we could have imagined, and for their belief, support, and guidance, I will always be truly grateful. But Zuffa Boxing presented me with an opportunity I simply couldn’t refuse. I’d love Eddie to continue to be part of my team and for our partnership to evolve in this new chapter.
“I’m filled with excitement and hunger for what’s ahead with Zuffa Boxing. I want the legacy fights, the biggest nights, the biggest stages. I fear no man at any weight, and I’m ready to give the fans the fights they’ve been calling for. I’m in my prime, and together we have bold, ambitious plans.”
Benn (24-1, 14 KOs) is a second-generation star and welterweight contender who is coming off a unanimous decision win in a rematch against Chris Eubank Jr. in November.
“The Destroyer” Benn lost the first fight in an April barnburner that was named The Ring’s 2025 Fight of the Year. Both fights took place at 160 pounds, but Benn plans on returning to 147 pounds for his next fight.
In recent weeks, the 29-year-old Brit has been looking to leverage his standing as the WBC’s No. 1 contender to face the winner of Saturday’s fight between WBC welterweight champion Mario Barrios and Ryan Garcia.
Benn has also called out the likes of welterweight champions Devin Haney (WBO), Rolando Romero (WBA) and Lewis Crocker (IBF) as well as Shakur Stevenson.
“Conor Benn is an absolute beast and a superstar,” Zuffa Boxing and UFC frontman Dana White said in a statement. “He shows up every time and destroys people, and now some of the best fighters in the world are calling him out. He’s ready for a world title next, and I can’t wait to see him compete in Zuffa Boxing. He’s going to be a huge addition to a growing stable of very talented boxers.”
Benn’s union with Zuffa Boxing marks another significant signing for the company, especially as it works toward stamping its status in the United Kingdom. Last month, The Ring and IBF cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia also signed a deal with Zuffa Boxing and will headline a show against Brandon Glanton on March 8 in Las Vegas.
Manouk Akopyan is The Ring’s lead writer. Follow him on X and Instagram: @ManoukAkopyan.
Featured News

Next
Russell envisions beating Stevenson to become undisputed champion
RELATED ARTICLES
140-pound division at forefront of boxing to start 2026
Featured News

Mayweather, 49, announces pro comeback after Tyson exhibition
Featured News

Janibek Alimkhanuly suspended For One Year after Failed Drug Test
Featured News

RELATED ARTICLES
140-pound division at forefront of boxing to start 2026
Featured News

Mayweather, 49, announces pro comeback after Tyson exhibition
Featured News

Janibek Alimkhanuly suspended For One Year after Failed Drug Test
Featured News

Can you beat Coppinger?
Lock in your fantasy picks on rising stars and title contenders for a shot at $100,000 and exclusive custom boxing merch.

Partners









































