

6 hrs ago
2 min read
Six months after their initial meeting ended in a split draw, they'll do battle again with the same stakes: a final eliminator for Bruce Carrington's WBC world title.
Collins (17-0-1, 8 KOs) built up an early lead on the scorecards but faded considerably in the second-half of a competitive clash against Barcelona's Lorente (20-0-3, 8 KOs) first time around on October 4.
Since then, the Bearsden southpaw has fallen out of The Ring's top-10 rated boxers at 126 pounds.
Eight of the current list have competed since his split draw with two new champions crowned: WBA beltholder Brandon Figueroa extinguishing Nick Ball's unification hopes in Liverpool, the week after Carrington crunched Carlos Castro to win the WBC strap during a bumper "The Ring 6" card in his hometown New York.
In a press release announcing their latest return to Scotland, Queensberry chief Frank Warren said: "The first fight was a cracker, so there was absolutely no hesitation in making the rematch. It was an unsatisfactory finish for the two fighters, but everyone watching was treated to a tremendous contest."
"It was close and compelling, I wouldn’t expect the second fight to be much different — although I’m sure Nathaniel will disagree."
Collins-Lorente II will headline a Queensberry show at Glasgow's OVO Hydro on April 17, exclusively live worldwide on DAZN.
Before Christmas, Collins told The Ring he knows where he went wrong and was excited to atone in an immediate rematch. European beltholder Lorente will be making his fourth defense, aware a faster start can aid his chances of victory this time as he travels away once more.
On the undercard
Regional champion Aston Brown (9-0, 4 KOs) gets what he's long wanted on the undercard: a crack at career-best opposition in the form of Sam Gilley (18-2-1, 9 KOs), who fell narrowly short of British junior middleweight honors against Ishmael Davis in November.
Highly-touted junior lightweight Royston Barney-Smith (15-0, 7 KOs) takes another step-up after cruising past Danny Quartermaine in October when facing Conor McIntosh (10-2, 1 KO) for the British title left vacant by stablemate Ryan Garner, who returns in Dublin next month and is closing in on a world title challenge himself.
Dylan Arbuckle (9-0, 3 KOs) faces Nico Leivars (7-0-1, 1 KO) for the vacant British junior featherweight crown elsewhere, while local talents Alex Arthur Jr, Marcus Sutherland and Drew Limond will all feature against opponents TBC.
News
Featherweight

Next
Nathaniel Collins Excited To Clear Doubts In Cristobal Lorente Rematch
Can you beat Coppinger?
Lock in your fantasy picks on rising stars and title contenders for a shot at $100,000 and exclusive custom boxing merch.

Partners










































